Dear Parents and Guardians –
While there are NO reported cases of Coronavirus connected to any of our schools at this time, Canonbury wants parents to know that our staff has been putting plans in place to continue to educate our students in the event schools need to be closed in the future. We were already on track to facilitate an e-learning to ensure smooth learning for our little learners.
During this time of social distancing we want to ensure that each of our junior school students continue to have access to high-quality curriculum and assignments. We plan to deliver instruction through a virtual learning environment and we need your support to ensure the success of our efforts! Please take a moment to review our plan below and talk with your child about the importance of continuing their education during this time.
What you can expect from our Canonbury Junior School teachers:
- Students will receive core subjects and instructions through the Learning Management System, Zoom classrooms and Google Classroom.
- Students should login each day to check for assignments and instructions from the teacher.
- Instructional videos for core subjects will be uploaded by teachers presenting instructional content.
- Teachers will post relevant supplemental materials to support students with instructional delivery of content such as annotated notes, PowerPoint presentations and website links.
- Teachers will be available to monitor and respond to student emails from regarding questions about assignments and instructional material.
- Information regarding online access to resources will be forthcoming.
What you can expect from your middle school student:
- Students should login to each of their website portals on a daily basis.
- Students will need to complete all required assignments and submit these as directed by their teacher.
- Students should email teachers if they have any questions.
How can you help?
- Ensure that your child is checking their online class activity on a daily basis.
- Ensure that your child is completing all required assignments and submitting these to their teacher in a timely manner.
- Encourage your child to reach out to their teacher if they have any questions or concerns or need any extra help!
This sleek and eye catching redesign for the website, as well as mobile optimization and an impressive new school timeline, are just the beginnings of a larger project aimed at transitioning every page of the school website into a similar look and feel. Be sure to share your impressions and suggestions with the website team by using the link to the feedback form on the website—and stay tuned for more updates!